Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lazy watercolor




I might have created a new technique this morning. I used a marker on my butterfly stamp and when I huffed it, it just didn't seem moist enough - and I have a brand new mister but it was upstairs and I was downstairs. However, right at my side was a bottle of stamp cleaner with a dabber on top. So I dibbed and I dabbed and then I stamped and I got the prettiest rainbow of color! The 2nd stamping was almost as pretty as the first. I mounted the 2nd one on a background I got from Susan K -- looks like polished stone on glossy. Once again, my scanner didn't do it justice!

I used today's splitcoast sketch for my card and punched some holes like the technique junkies" Heavenly Holes"  technique - was pleased as could be with the result.



Links: Splitcoast sketch    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444498

Technique junkies: http://www.techniquejunkies.com/tutorials_artwork/0609/heavenly-holes-tutorial.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note! Makes it all worthwhile!