Tuesday, May 26, 2009

SweetPea Stamps





Finally had a chance to play with my new stamps from SweetPea.   I spent the whole day doing different things with the butterfly thank you from Plate 2. 

First a polka dot one but the raised dots got lost by my trusty scanner.

Next some cracked glass effect with layers of embossing powder that I put in the freezer then bent to crack and rubbed with an ink pad.  I used metallic paint chips and ribbon with a metallic touch to add some sparkle.

The next  one uses the image as a background stamped in 2 different colors, then the same image colored in with pearl accents makes the center pop.  Actually pop dots are helping that pop effect, but so too is the dark color that sets it off against the orange ribbon.

I love the touch a few pearls here and there can add. And I did those corner cut outs holding a 1/2 inch round punch backwards so I could see how much I was cutting out.

Unfortunately the pop strips cause my scanner to scan pale since the image is not tight against the glass. Actually the purple and green is much darker.

Finally, I had fun doodling the grape vine and adding punchie grapes to a shadow of wine glasses. Three of the grapes are actually purple brads. You can't see the wine level which I did with crystal effects ( should have had purple wine instead of white wine.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note! Makes it all worthwhile!