Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Brayering and Layering

Sketch challenge Wednesday





After seeing this card, I had to try a layered scene. This is what I came up with.

Directions are for the bare branch tree card. I cut the white cardstock in the shapes that I wanted for the sketch challenge and then used just a tiny bit of double stick tape under each one to position them.. . I used a punched out piece of post it to mask the moon I used a brayer to put the blue on the top and the brown on the bottom, but you could do it with a sponge or cotton ball. I took off the mask and stamped bare trees all over the layered card with my dark brown ink. I then used the same stamp and stamped with purple, kind of filling in empty spaces. Then I took it apart and put the dark color layer behind each piece which hid the edges that were left from stamping over the edges of the layers and re - layered it with permanent adhesive. There were big huge white spaces so it was easy to place everything back

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a note! Makes it all worthwhile!