Sunday, February 20, 2011

Copic Frog

It is 9 o'clock at night and I just discovered a really cool site --- plus they are looking for a new Design Team Member.  I have been on my own since my term with Firecracker ended and I like the direction and kick in the pants I get from being on a design team.

Scribbling with my copics at this hour under a light on my desk is not the way to make art or influence people, but I came up with this frog and the colors I used.    Then I whipped him into a card so I could get it submitted before the deadline which just happens to be ... TODAY!   So from finding it to posting the card was less than an hour. Imagine if I could take my time and work in daylight!  I doubt that they will choose me since the stuff I saw there was quite artistic and skillful,  but it was fun trying.  Besides I love doing warts on frogs. ( poke the blender pen into the ink and watch it spread into a well-defined dot!)

Please click on the label "copics" below to see all my coloring and a few tutorials.

3 comments:

  1. Too cute.. Looks like the one from Making Our Mark... She does a really nice job on her blog, and there are some really nice tutorials on using Copics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, friend...I LOVE this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Cat for submitting a card for our DT call, and a tutorial too!

    Danielle, I really appreciate your kind words regarding my blog! Makes it all worth while!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! Makes it all worthwhile!