Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The glow of friendship








Tuesdays are such fun because I get to create a card based on a teapot posted over at the Mothermark site. Today's challenge was a teapot nightlight.

Here is the link ... http://mothermark.blogspot.com/

On the first card I was playing around with flowersoft - and managed to get it all over my desk, my scanner and myself!

On the second card, I really tried to capture the glow of the nightlight and I think I did it pretty well. It's a technique I learned over at splitcoast called "faux burned edges" and you ever so carefully dab on ink from 3 different colors of stamp pad. I was pretty tickled at how it came out. I drew the teapot with a gel pen and it only took 2 tries till I had one that kind of approximated the nightlight I was trying to copy. Once I got the glow on, I was scared to stamp the flowers over it !

The glow of friendship, warmth of tea,

This card contains a hug from me




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a note! Makes it all worthwhile!