Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Teapot Tuesday












If it is Tuesday, it is time for a teapot. I might head back to bed and make the card after the sun struggles its way up into the sky. Mike had to fly out at 6 am today so he had me up at 4 when he tripped over the dog dish in the kitchen after tiptoeing out of the bedroom. There I was in my nice warm snuggly and kept thinking, gee, I should really get up and say goodbye. By the time I crawled out of bed, I managed to see the taillights of the car as he left the driveway.

My son gave me the most beautiful stamps for my birthday. The lighthouse one is layered wood, clearly chosen by someone who appreciates fine wood ... and the cube of 4 ships has me yearning for the ocean. So this card was a cinch to make. It's too bad I left my treasure of teensy starfish to embellish in Florida - was saving them for a perfect inspiration.

Update ... finally got the card posted - 7:30 PM !!! Please don't even notice that the "ship's knot" on the lighthouse piece is really not an official boy scouty knot at all. CORRECTION ... it is a lark's head. If it has a name, it is official. ( Thanks Juliet!)

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a great masculine card, and the knot has an official Boy Scout name - It's a Lark's Head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Cat! This idea could work perfectly for several masculine cards I need to make next month. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! Makes it all worthwhile!