Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Teapot Tuesday

Today it is Zindorf brayering meets Copic Coloring meets punch art --- this card is a real conglomeration. I was quite tickled with the end result till I noticed ... now go look closely ... that the place where I labeled the paper on the back oozed through at the horizon line, and the blender pen on Lady Liberty's book ran into my sky. I KNEW I should have clear embossed that lady first.

This is on Stampin Up Whisper White --- I know that cuz I labeled it ... duhhh ... and even though some people say it is a bad choice for copics, I was absolutely thrilled at the aged greenish patina on the statue.  And lookie lookie at my waves! White pen!

Live and Learn.   Play often ... and giggle when you have to admit your mistakes. That is my new set of mantras.

3 comments:

  1. What a great teapot! Your card is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat
    Your fab card arrived today. June 17.
    Thanks. I have sent an email.
    You did a lovely job on this card and I bet if you hadn't said anything no one would have noticed the little imperfections. There is a saying that goes something like this, if it doesn't have a mistake, it is not an original.
    That is a really cute teapot. Your statue of liberty is wonderful.
    Hugs
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! Makes it all worthwhile!